Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Cut it Up-Love Song Challenge

Have you ever gotten a challenge and know right then what you want to make? I did, and this is what I did for Cut it Up's Love Song Challenge-


When my husband and I do road trips, we'll play name that tune. But this time there is a twist-






Yup, we have celebrated being married 25 years! And all the cassettes reminded me of mixed tapes I used to make up for our road trips.

Here's what I used to make this card-

  1. Cartridge-Indie Art. Cassettes cut at 1 1/2". Scrap paper.
  2. Cartridge-Groovy Times musical notes (pg 44) cut at  3/4" & 1 1/4". Scrap paper.
  3. Creative Memories background paper.
  4. Computer generated cassette titles, inside sentiment.
My hubby absolutely loved this card-he even took it to work to display on his desk!

ETA-This card was chosen Top 3 at Cut It Up!

3 comments:

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Happy Anniversary!! What a romantic memory. All the songs you chose are so beautiful. I was going to make something around Unchained Melody for this challenge but went a different way.

I love your fun personalized card! Thanks for sharing it with us for our Cut it Up for our Inspired by a Love Song challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

KT Fit Kitty said...

I love this card - what a cool blast from the past! I used to make mixed tapes too! Big congrats on your 25th wedding anniversary!

Lagene said...

Congrats on 25 years and this is GREAT, what a fun road trip idea to pass the time!