Sunday, May 22, 2016

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers Fugly Challenge!

At the Sisterhood of Snarky Stamps it's F for Fugly!  Hoo Boy! I didn't have to dig too deep in my reject paper stack to find Fugly paper! Here is the fugliest paper I had in the stack-


Ewwww, gross! And here is what I made with it-


I covered the fugly paper with vellum to soften the fugly. The corners were rounded using a corner punch on the fugly paper, vellum, and cardstock base. I found this die cut in my die cut stash and stamped this Unity Stamp Co.(What kind of wine set) sentiment on it. The cream cardstock above the fugly paper is embossed with a Cuttlebug Damask embossing folder. The black satin ribbon is from Michaels. I added a Happy Birthday to the inside, and Voila! Done!

Thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Vellum... If only all things fugly were this easily hidden! Thanks for playing with the Sisterhood, Jo x

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhh frig I have a bunch of that paper too! In different colours no less!! WHAT was I thinking?
I am pretty sure I have a pink velvet version of that paper!
Fab idea to "disguise" the fugly with vellum (note to self).
Thanks for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers for "F is for Fugly!!"

Barbara Godden said...

I think I have some too, is it flocked? anyway you made it look pretty darned good. love your card. thanks for playing along with us at the sisterhood of snarky stampers for the F is for Fugly challenge.

Majo said...

This is a very elegant card :) Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for the F is for *Fugly* challenge.

Majo - DT ♥

Lynne Mizera said...

WONDERFUL! Way to change FUGLY into lovely! Thanks for joining us over at the Sisterhood for the F is for Fugly Challenge.

Lindsey said...

Oh! I NEED that sentiment stamp! :P And I think my mother had wallpaper much like your fugly paper... if only a room could be covered in vellum! You did a brilliant job transforming it. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Lagene said...

Great job toning that down!